I’ve been trying to find something to mark this journey I’m on. I’ve found a new type of “charm” bracelet that is absolutely perfect: [pandora main website (old link long obsolete)] will show you what I have chosen (this site has the beads and stuff, but I have a local jeweller that I can purchase from (link obsolete).
I have created an album that shows the bracelet and charms I am planning or have – thanks to pandora-jewelry.com for the images. – It’s silver, by the way. [Album no longer exists (sorry)]
In the end it will be my survivor bracelet. Right now, it is my journey bracelet. For each chemo treatment and other steps, I shall get a charm. Since I’m on round 3 of chemo, I have 3 charms already:
- Flower Power – representing the flowers, prayers and support I am receiving.
- Owl – representing the owl that woke me up right above our tent as we camped at Salt Spring Island and Vince didn’t wake despite my best efforts to shake him awake.
- Stars & Moon – representing the “moonchild” in me (Zodiac).
I’ve even selected the next ones, but cannot purchase them until I get to that point in time. Representing remaining chemo treatments:
- Frog – representing my university days and love of Montreal (Quebec) and most recent visit with my friend, Roisin.
- Ghost – representing my wedding anniversary – I was married on Halloween.
- Hippo – representing the Hippo Song that I loved last year as part of a Telus commercial.
- Lotsa Love – representing my relationship with Vince.
- Fish – representing my love of sushi, which I haven’t had since I was diagnosed.
And then there are others:
- G & V (silver initials) – Date of Diagnosis (August 9, 2006) – for both Vince and me as we are doing this journey together.
- Blue Bubbles – all the tests I have to go through – representing the holes poked into me!
- Butterfly – radiation – representing beauty from ugliness.
- Clover – surgery – representing both my heritage and wishing myself luck.
- Breast Cancer Ribbon – anniversary of diagnosis and SURVIVAL.
I have a couple others I like as well: Moon Crystal and Sneaker. The Moon Crystal has no link yet, but the sneaker could be linked to the Weekend to End Breast Cancer Walk. I’d like to think I could do the walk.