I shouldn’t be surprised by the thoughtfulness and impulsiveness of others, but every now and again I get caught off guard.
- I had to call my dentist to cancel my cleaning appointments as it’s strongly recommended that I not visit my dentist except for emergencies during chemo treatments – risk of infection and all that.Not two hours later flowers arrived from their office with positive thoughts.
- My dear friend Tracy is dedicating her Run for the Cure to me as well as sending a small envelope with a sweet little book called “Keep the Faith”.
- And my cousin sent the coolest presents – a Harley Davidson bandana and hat for those days I want to be a “bad ass”.
- Hugs – I’ve always known the power of a hug, and I just can’t seem to get enough of them right now.
- How about anti-nauseau wrist bands?
- And last, but not least, because I know I’ve forgotten things, a piece of a life pill (Buddhist blessed).
I will take any alternative medicine and belief in this battle. You just never know what helps and what doesn’t. Belief, though, can do wonderous things.
I’ve said it before and will say it again – thank you, my friends and family, you’re all awesome.